One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about being a blogger is the market research. Since starting The Sentimentalist I have spent hours upon hours (John recently asked me if I had gotten to the end of the internet?!?) getting to know other blogs. It’s amazing how many talented people are out there in this world sharing their opinions and passions. Chronicles of Him & Her has fast become one of my favorite places to visit. The ever-so-adorable Valerie McFarland is incredibly real – spunky, fun, and thoughtful. She loves her man, and her dog, and chronicles their life together on her site. Today Valerie joins us on The Sent – the first of many collaborations I hope to do in the months to come – with some of her favorite spring picks. Thanks Valerie, you’re a peach for sharing!
Q&A with Valerie McFarland of Chronicles of Him & Her
- What is Chronicles of Him and Her? This blog started as way to keep my creative juices flowing in my otherwise uninspiring day job of banking and to keep in touch with my friends and family when I moved to Houston, Texas. Throughout this process I’ve discovered my love of writing, photography, cooking, home decorating and fashion. This has really become a place for me to share these passions, along with tid-bits about our life.
- Where do you find most of your inspiration? Gosh, almost anywhere! Although I’m always inspired after traveling to a new destination or browsing through Pinterest.
- What spring piece stands out to you as one of your best buys to date? You can never go wrong with a pair of aviators or a white sundress!
- Where do you shop online? I seem to do all of my shopping online these days so there are lots of them. My favorites: ShopBop, J Crew, Zara, & Piperlime.
- Best thing about the town/city you live in? The Rodeo! As well as the tex-mex food & the margaritas! 😉
- Best thing about being a blogger? For me, the best part of being a blogger is the creativity! I honestly love writing, editing and creating posts. The people I’ve met along the way are an added bonus too!