This recipe is an adaptation of one created by the fabulous Ina Garten. I’ve added thyme and chose to use a variety of nuts instead of just cashews. It’s perfect for serving at holiday cocktail parties, and also makes a great gift for teachers or friends.
- 1 cup unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted pecans
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the nuts cook combine the other ingredients in a large bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Add toasted nuts to the bowl and mix well.
- Serve warm.