With Easter just around the corner I couldn’t resist sharing my all-time favorite Easter craft. This sweet, savory, smooth, crunchy little pocket of joy is DELICIOUS and super easy to make. Might it be the perfect activity for this Saturday afternoon? I think so. Aside from being scrumptious they also make for beautiful centerpieces or place card holders. Get cooking. The minis are sure to love them!
Making Easter nests is a yearly event at the kids’ nursery school.
Proud Little “Nester”
1 11oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 11oz bag of butterscotch chocolate chips
1 bag Cadbury mini-eggs (there will plenty leftover for snacking – it’s only Easter once a year!)
3 cans Chow Mein noodles
*makes 12 nests
1) Place both bags of chips in a microwave friendly bowl – set timer for 2 minutes
2) Stir contents – if chips are not completely melted after stirring put back in microwave for 30 seconds
3) Pour melted chocolate over Chow Mein noodles and mix well until all noodles are coated
4) Scoop 1/2 cup of mixture onto a small square of tin foil or waxed paper and let the minis form small nests with a small well in the center
5) Place 3 or 4 eggs in the middle of nest.
6) Let cool for 5 minutes and peel from paper to put on platter or plate.
While we are talking about Easter:
I found and fell in love with these “golden” eggs on the blog Camille Styles. This chick (totally loving the Easter words used casually within the blog text) has got it going on. Especially when it comes to DIY…
And tell me you aren’t dying over these marbleized eggs. They are pretty fantastic too. If only there were 3 more hours in the day. I would totally find time to make them.
And finally… Funny.