Ooh! Ahh! Warm muffins. What a way to start the day! This recipe is great because it is egg, nut, and dairy free. That makes it the ideal baked good to bring to school when it is your turn to make snack. Wondering how they taste without eggs and dairy? I promise they are moist (an acceptable adjective when baking) and flavorful. You might expect an egg-less muffin to be dense, but these truly are light and airy. It’s no secret that I am obsessed with baking. Today it’s the healthy banana muffin recipe – and a few weeks from now I might just share my 4-chip 6-ounce SUPERSONIC cookie recipe. I’ve had parents offer to trade me their child for that recipe… But for now, it’s just bananas.
Never forget to preheat.
Simple ingredients, big taste.
These apple sauce snack packs are exactly 1/2 cup each, and they do not need to be refrigerated. I always keep a packet in the pantry.
I love fun-colored paper liners. Much more exciting for little hands to peel.
The final product!
Egg-Free Dairy-Free Nut-Free Banana Muffins
(adapted from The Divvies Bakery Cookbook)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Peel the bananas and place in a separate mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until pureed. Add the apple sauce, oil, water, and sugar and beat until all elements are well-combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat at medium speed until well combined.
5. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, testing with a toothpick to make sure they are done.
6. Remove from oven and cool muffins on wire rack.
*Makes 12 muffins